Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners consists of three members – President, Vice President and Secretary – to serve as the governing body for the District. Each member is elected by residents within the District, and each member serves a 6-year term with elections held every two years. (RCW 57.12.010)
At 78 years of age, Denny Kiggins shows no signs of slowing down. He retired in December 2016 after working 50 years in the specialty packaging business. He has been on the Board of Clark Regional Wastewater District since 2000, serving the community in which he has lived for many years.
Figuring out what’s fair to District ratepayers and employees is what keeps Norm Harker interested in setting short and long-range policy for the District. An elected District Commissioner with more than 20-years of experience, he’s well suited to work with the District.
L. Neil Kimsey
Nearly four decades running a local car dealership made Neil Kimsey well known throughout Clark County. He was so highly visible his son once joked that his father knew everyone in the county. These days, Kimsey turns that joke around, because his son is the county auditor, Greg Kimsey. “The county auditor is much better known than a retired car dealer,” he quips with a laugh.
Former Board Members
- Sam Wasson served as Commissioner from 1958-1962
- George VanBiber served as Commissioner from 1958-1963
- Richard Marshall served as Commissioner from 1958-1960
- Laurence Wright served as Commissioner from 1959-1960
- John Gretsch served as Commissioner from 1960-1970
- James Sweiberg served as Commissioner from 1962-1981
- Robert Sommer served as Commissioner from 1964-1976
- Gale Marshall served as Commissioner from 1970-1979
- Leon Pagel served as Commissioner from 1976-1986
- Robert Wiesmann served as Commissioner from 1979-1997
- William Lothspeich served as Commissioner from 1982-1999
- William Herrick served as Commissioner from 1987-1996
- Neil Kimsey was elected Commissioner in 1996
- Norm Harker was elected Commissioner in 1998
- Denny Kiggins was elected Commissioner in 2000